Global Infrastructure Engineer
Andhra Pradesh Hyderabad, India |
Job Reference: 6743 - Posted 05-Apr-2023
Job Title: Global Infrastructure Engineer
Experience: 2-4 Years
- As a result of continued growth, we have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Infrastructure Engineer to join our global team, to provide specialist support and lifecycle management for enterprise scale compute and storage platforms across our on-premises and cloud infrastructure.
- Global Infrastructure are responsible for the lifecycle management of the mission critical platforms that underpin our highly demanding products, platforms, and services. To support direction and growth, the team requires a breadth and depth of skills and experience to respond to the demands of a growing business whilst maintaining availability of our core systems.
- The Global Infrastructure Engineer will need to possess a strong technical ability, as well as ability to coach/mentor others in the team, primarily focussed on storage, virtualisation, core networking, and other centrally hosted services.
- You will need to have experience working in a fast-paced environment and able to prioritise tasks that contribute to the delivery of project workstreams, BAU activities, and response to incidents.
- You will have the ability to work together with colleagues based all over the globe both within the infrastructure team and across the Global Service Desk, Regional IT, Workplace support, Application services, and Information Security.
- You will be tenacious and passionate, with the ability to take ownership of tasks whilst managing your time effectively, and prioritising tasks to meet deadlines.
- You will maintain excellent attention to detail and have a logical approach to solving problems under pressure and an active communicator on technical issues that affect client delivery.
- The role requires you to have the ability to communicate clearly and with impact in a fast-paced and high-pressure situations including the ability to challenge and influence the view of senior stakeholders respectfully, confidently, and effectively to bring a new perspective.
Tasks (what does the role do on a day-to-day basis)
- You drive forward the infrastructure strategy including server virtualization platform, gradually moving towards a private cloud concept and software defined datacentre capability
- BAU activities in the infrastructure domain including Virtual Machine resource expansion reduction (CPU, memory, storage), Backup checks and VM recovery, SRM checks & maintenance, vulnerability remediation, patching, etc
- You provide level 2 & 3 support for virtualization related incidents & problems
- You drive the activities of vendors, or third-party partners involved in L2/L3 support
- You actively participate in projects including Data Centre consolidation, etc.
- You organise and drive knowledge Transfer to colleagues
- You are on standby (24/7) one week a month and can participate in monitoring, reporting, or planned changes out of business hours
- You participate to DRP tests campaigns in partnership with colleagues across the business and Information Security
- You actively participate in audits remediations and security projects
- You participate actively to the backlog management of the team
- You provide and share documentations
- You provide capacity management reporting and visibility on action
- Internal communication with the team colleagues where appropriate
Key competencies for position and level
In addition to demonstrating our Global Values (Authentic, Bold, and Collaborative), the role holder will be expected to demonstrate the following:
- Communicates effectively
- Manages complexity
- Customer focus
- Global perspective
- Tech savvy
- Instils trust
- Drives vision and purpose
- Optimizes work processes
Education / professional qualifications
- Graduate degree, preferably in IT related disciplines
- Professional certifications such as PMP, ITIL or equivalent
- Comprehensive track record working with VMWare technologies and architectures
- Good experience and techniques migrating VMware workloads to alternate platforms
- Experience working within monitoring tools and applications, (Logic Monitor, PRTG, SolarWinds)
- Experience with VMWare NSX
- Server Hardware
- Exposure to enterprise SAN Solutions such as NetApp, Dell/EMC, HPE, Etc
- VMWare Site Recovery Manager
- Backup and Storage and virtualisation technologies including SAN, VMWare, and capacity management
- Experience of Zabbix advantageous Company, product, and market knowledge
- Experience of working in a complex, multi-country professional services, financial services or BPO organisation with complex processing requirements preferred but not essential
- Multi-country experience and demonstrates an ability to work in a multi-cultural, talented, and demanding team environment
- Possess the skills and the personality to operate effectively in a very fast-paced complex global business with an in-depth knowledge of program management
- Excellent communication skills in both written and oral form, with staff members, customers, suppliers, and the management team with the ability to make decisions, act and get results
- Passion, dynamism, and drive
- Robust sense of humour
- Personal presence, integrity, and credibility
- Ability to solve problems either independently or by utilising other members of the team where necessary