Lead Data Analyst
Lead Analyst - Data
This role will report to Delivery Manager/Senior Delivery Manager
Data Strategy (Implementation):
• Demonstrate understanding of data strategies by providing insight into design and posing questions to clarify.
• Understand architecture/design, can represent it as needed.
• Understanding how work fits into the larger project and identify problems with requirements (for e.g. help build AWS data ingestion pipelines for further analytical needs).
• Communicate assumptions and gets clarification on tasks up front to minimize the need for rework for the aligned team
• Partner effectively with business, IT peers and stakeholders to manage scope and deliverables for the technical side of the product roadmap.
• Guide/Coach Team: Provide technical advice to team and weigh in on technical decisions that impact the team or feature.
• Assist in communicating technical concepts to business stakeholders as well as communicate business objectives to the technical team responsible for.
• Independently conducts analysis and development, coding, automated testing, debugging, designing, documentation, quality assurance review, implementation and maintenance.
• Employing a variety of languages and tools (e.g. scripting languages, data movement tools) to marry systems together. Recommend ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality.
• Demonstrate knowledge of industry trends, creates optimized data components and systems that utilize appropriate development environment.
• Partner with teams beyond BU to share & bring in data best practices
Technical skills required:
• Good understanding of AWS (more from data services perspective) which includes S3, Lambda, Glue, Athena, RDS, Quick sight, Elasticsearch, Redshift and EMR
• Should have an ability to work with AWS via command line.
• Hands on experience working on python to develop solution to automate data ingestion/governance/processing/consumption.
• Good to have: understanding of infrastructure as code using AWS CDK/AWS CloudFormation.
• Good to have: DevOps experience with On-prem/cloud tool set.
• Strong relational database and SQL knowledge
• Good understanding of data warehouse concept with ER and dimensional modelling
• Good experience in supporting production workflow
• Need to have an experience in data quality practices with tools like informatica IDQ.
• Hands on experience with visualization tools like BusinessObjects/PowerBI.
• Hands on experience with ERWIN for data modelling with reverse and forward engineering exposure
• Good to have: Good understanding of data lake implementation steps from designing and coding perspective
• Good to have: Preferred to have an experience working with production change management tool like Cherwell etc.
Education: Graduate Bachelor’s degree (any stream)
• Sound technical skills, high aptitude, positive attitude, strong inter-personal skills, good experience in estimation methodologies, excellent communication and time management skills required.
• Exposure to global working environment
• Abilities like problem solving, analytical, time management, planning & decision making, self-motivated, facilitate collaborate