Transform the environments where people live, work, and learn. From optimizing building performance to improving safety and enhancing comfort, they drive the outcomes that matter most. Deliver their promise in industries such as healthcare, education, data centers and manufacturing. With a global team of 105,000 experts in more than 150 countries and over 130 years of innovation, they are the power behind customers’ mission. Also, leading portfolio of building technology and security solutions.
The Payroll Supervisor role liaises and reports directly to the Payroll Manager - Pacific who manages the full Payroll function across Australia and New Zealand (ANZ), ensuring payroll processes are aligned to country regulatory requirements and underpinned by the business's goals and objectives.
The role is based in Australia within the Pacific Payroll function and requires strong time management due to the multi payroll operation, responsible for processing payroll for the Australian Group of companies.
Some tasks expected in the role involve complete end to end payroll processing across ANZ including on boarding of staff, timely administration of all facets of employee master file changes, time and attendance processing, reconciliations, terminations, EFT payment, single touch payroll / pay day filing submissions, adhoc reporting business requests, month end, quarter end and annual tasks. This role involves team management
The roles and responsibilities will grow into managing payroll vendor performance including validation of all payroll processes and results provided, guiding the outsourced vendor to ensure country regulatory requirements are adhered to.
- Provide day-to-day Payroll Operational ANZ support as directed by the Payroll Manager - Pacific to ensure employees are paid accurately and on time.
- Maintain documentation of all payroll related processes, procedures, checklists, calendars and ensure they are updated periodically.
- Ensure all statutory and non-statutory remittances / payments are made accurately and on time, in accordance with the Payroll Calendars for all ANZ Payrolls.
- Ensure data integrity is maintained in the Payroll Systems. Payroll transactions are processed efficiently with minimal error and in compliance with appropriate country requirements.
- Administer Payroll processes in collecting, calculating, and entering data in order to maintain and update payroll information and postings in line with country requirements.
- Compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, insurances, non-taxable wages with reporting as applicable.
- Resolving payroll discrepancies and reconciliations.
- Responsible in completing and involvement with all month end and year end processes / tasks.
- Responsible for accurate and timely submission of Single Touch Payroll / Pay Day Filing.
- Support Payroll Manager - Pacific with any other ad-hoc payroll duties as required from time to time.
- Support project activities relating to the migration of specified ANZ Payroll System Databases.
- Demonstrate high level attention to detail and accuracy, solid grasp of mathematics, excellent organizational and communication skills.
- 8 years of working experience in a Payroll or HR operations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in interpreting awards and EBAs
- Experience in Chris21, Ramco, Workday / Microsoft CRM Dynamics
- Experience working within a Union Collective environment
- High Customer Service orientation.