Recruitment Program Manager
This role has responsibility for the successful and strategic management of a team of Recruiters, and, depending on the client, other roles such as Recruiting Logistics Specialist, Sourcing Specialists and Associate Recruiters tasked with candidate screening, scheduling and post offer administration. The Program Manager will be responsible for stakeholder Management, Program Management.
The Program Manager may be responsible for one of several teams within a client or responsible for all individuals within a client or project. As applicable, the manager may also coordinate the search, selection and overall optimization of suppliers (recruitment agencies) as a supplement to the sourcing & talent chain management strategy. He/she has responsibility to achieve and exceed both financial and recruiting goals/service level agreements (SLAs) for their area of responsibility. This role may also be requested to be on-site by the client
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and lead a team of Recruiters, Sourcing Recruiters, RLS, Associate Recruiters, professional and technical recruiting functions.
- Anticipate needs and allocate recruiting resources and requisition loads to ensure a high level of customer service to HR and hiring managers.
- Monitor and measure the satisfaction of clients in order to respond to escalated client concerns and be proactive about preventing future issues
- Act as a consultative business partner by knowing the labor market and the client’s business industry in order to provide exceptional recruitment consulting strategies across multiple talent pools.
- Coach and counsel recruiters on sourcing techniques, recruitment strategy, process administration and their own consultative ability, including cross-border processes.
- Develop the recruiting team into expert consultants and inspire them to exceed targets
- Work within and manage the recruiters (and suppliers) in a metric-driven environment
- Drive continuous process improvements in a demanding and rapidly changing business environment
- Audit the teams’ metrics, process adherence and administrative compliance, including local/regulatory requirements
- Manage the activities to attract, screen and place other talent pools including university graduates, military, client referrals, client alumni and silver medalists, contractors/temporary employees, and other free agents
- Manage the selection, onboarding, and optimization of suppliers (recruitment agencies) as a supplement to the sourcing & talent chain management strategy.
- Expertise in using advanced search techniques in order to mentor and guide a team of Recruiters
- Ability to identify and attract talent through networking and creative sourcing methods
- Expertise in developing and presenting recruitment strategy plans to high level customers
- Solid business knowledge in multiple industries and effective business acumen at all levels within a client organization
- Experience and success managing to metrics in the recruiting environment
- Experience working in LEAN operating culture
- Ability to work in a fast paced, intense work environment and adapt to constant changes and competing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and guide a large team or Recruiters: onsite, offsite or virtual
- Demonstrated ability to build client relationships with client contacts at all levels of an organization
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal, consultative & negotiation skills
- Knowledge of applicable employment laws
- Accurate data capture & timely reporting on key staffing metrics
- Results driven and deadline-oriented
- Effectively work as a peer to other Recruiting Managers in order to build efficiencies and foster a strong team environment
- 2-3 years of team management
- Knowledge of client specific processes, verticals, job families and culture may be required depending upon the client.