Regional Internal Communications & CSR Manager
Internal Communications & CSR Manager, ROPU SEASK – 6-months contract basis
Reporting directly to the Head of Communications, Regional Operating Unit Southeast Asia & South Korea (ROPU SEASK), the candidate is responsible to help manage the internal communication campaigns, manage creative content production, work collaboratively with other departments for key employee activities and support the MMH team in this year’s CSR pilot program.
Project Management Excellence
- Experience in managing projects that require a high degree of coordination with third party agencies and internal colleagues
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress; ensure good use of resource allocation and budget
- Proactive and solutions-oriented when encountering bumps on the road in managing projects and is agile in adapting to changes
- Passionate about sustainability and driving a green agenda across the organization
Excellence in Execution
- Ensure internal initiatives and projects are successfully communicated to employees and stakeholders
- Plan, edit and write content for a variety of internal communications mediums, such as a staff intranet, monthly email newsletter, video content production, internal social media channels (e.g. MS Teams)
- Draft messages or scripts from senior executives for presentation to employees in written or spoken form
- Ensure internal communications messages are consistent across all mediums and for different departments of the organization
Cross-Collaboration with Teams
- Work collaboratively with other departments to support virtual internal employee activities or initiatives (e.g. Wellness Program, Employee Day, Family Day)
- Comfortable working with different personalities, cultures and working styles, and is highly adaptable and resilient in getting things done
- Able to add value to the internal employee engagement efforts driven by HR, to positively impact staff in creative communication campaigns
- Confident in bringing people together to achieve collective success
- Excellent writing ability: You need excellent copywriting, editing and proofreading skills as well as the journalistic ability to source stories from employees
- Public Speaking: You also need strong speaking skills as you may be required to present to staff at virtual townhalls or present to management ideas. You need to be comfortable to present confidently and clearly, and be able to put together a presentation, where needed.
- Interpersonal Connection: You need good interpersonal and relationship-building skills in order to work with various departments and individuals. You also need to possess the confidence to deal with senior executives and use personal influence to drive activities forward.
- Creative Mindset: You need the creative ability to create interesting and new content types that will appeal to a wide audience. You are not afraid of experimentation and trying something new, to push a message across effectively.
- Good organization skills: You can meet and follow deadlines, lead agencies and teams, manage many different parts of a project and have an eye for detail. You are also able to plan ahead and anticipate what needs to be done and work independently with little supervision to execute!
- High proficiency in written and spoken English. Other languages such as Mandarin, Bahasa Malaysia or other Southeast Asian languages is a plus.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in journalism, communications, public relations or marketing is an advantage.
- Relevant work experience that reflects the expertise needed to do this role, with agency background is a plus.