SOFTWARE ENGINEER SENIOR – BACKEND (D/F/M)
Want to Go Further with Ford?
As the German subsidiary of the Ford Motor Company, Ford-Werke GmbH has been successful in the automotive business for over 90 years. As a modern mobility company, it is our goal to always “bring on tomorrow”. Around 20,000 employees are already committed to this in Cologne, Aachen and Saarlouis.
The Software Engineer has a primary role in leading systems design,
development, testing, and operations activities. In conjunction with being the technical leader, the Software Engineer also works in the full
technology stack. This position is responsible for the technical direction of products directly utilized by Ford end customers through the Mobile App, In-vehicle HMI and Web.
You will be part of our connected vehicle backend development team working in Cologne. We are a diverse and agile team working in a Scrum/Kanban approach and stick to an open communication and
You will work in a balanced team collaborating with the Product Owner, Product Manager and Product Designer to deliver connected vehicle
products for several carlines. Key aspects are:
- Design, development and support of robust, scalable, secure,
distributed, cloud native, containerized and/or serverless microservices
on public cloud infrastructure
- Analysis, specification, coding, testing and launching product increments in very frequent release cycles
- Follow a test-driven development approach to realize the technical solution
- Pair with other software engineers to cooperatively deliver user stories
- Appreciation for diversity and treating everyone with respect and consideration
- Academic degree in a STEM (science, technology, engineering, maths) related field preferably Information Systems or Computer Science
- Willingness to learn and improve continuously
- Good communication skills and open to give and receive feedback frequently
- 3 or more years of experience on topics like Java, Microservices, Cloud infrastructure, Spring Framework, Monitoring, Logging and DevOps
- Experienced in common software engineering practices like Continuous Integration, Continous Delivery, Test Driven Development, Pair Programming
We offer you
- We value a diverse, inclusive and a non-discriminative culture
- We keep work & life in balance (Remote working opportunities, 30+ days of vacation & free shift model, 2 additional days a year for engagement in social projects)
- We focus on your individual development – Job Rotation, Mentoring
- We foster continuous improvement for our employees and offer multiple learning resources
Are you looking to Go Further with Ford?
We look forward to your application.
Our Recruiting-Partner Kelly Outsourcing and Consulting Group (Germany) GmbH will be happy to receive it.
Contact: Denise Rückert, Tel.: +49 (221) 65083633