Sr. AWS Cloud developer
Job Description - T3 – Sr. AWS Cloud developer
We’re in search of a Cloud Engineer who can seamlessly mesh tech know-how with business acumen to help us navigate all our cloud computing needs, including infrastructure design, maintenance, support and planning, and everything in between.
Note: As we are still a Java Shop, the preferred programming language getting utlized for Cloud Development would be Java only. Python can be complementory.
• Working in tandem with our engineering team to identify and implement the most optimal cloud-based solutions for the company.
• Participate in planning, implementation, and growth of the infrastructure on Amazon Web Services (AWS) Gov Cloud.
• Manage a continuous integration/continuous deployment methodology for the server-based technologies.
• Planning, designing and developing cloud-based applications.
• Managing cloud environments in accordance with company security guidelines.
• Deploying and debugging cloud initiatives as needed in accordance with best practices throughout the development lifecycle.
• Employing exceptional problem-solving skills, with the ability to see and solve issues before they snowball into problems.
• Using your extensive knowledge of APIs to design RESTful services, and integrate them with existing data providers, using JSON or XML as needed.
• Building and designing web services in the cloud, along with implementing the set-up of geographically redundant services.
• Stay current with industry trends, making recommendations as needed to help the company excel.
• Experience in carrying out cloud native development in AWS.
• Experience in transitioning projects from on-prem to AWS cloud.
• Thorough understanding of micro-service architectural patterns.
• Working with Engineering team to Devlope DevOps Automation using Circle CI, GithubActions, Cloud DevOps, Terraform or other On-Prim DevOps tools.
• Confortable in Devloping database (RDS or No-SQL) on Cloud based environment.
• Well averse of XP Engineering practices (TDD, Unit Testing, Pair Programming, Mobbing) and Agile Frameworks like Scrum or Kanban.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering; Master’s degree a plus.
• AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate preferred
• AWS Certified Solutions Architect Professional preferred
• Experience with technologies to include: AWS, Linux, and Puppet.
• 3 to 5 years of demonstrated experience in designing and developing complex distributed IT solutions (e.g. cloud, distributed systems or high-performance computing experience).