Sr. DevOps Engineer
Job Title: Sr. DevOps Engineer
Roles and Responsibilities
Overall focus will be on continuous improvement of the product delivery process.
• Capture system level installation and maintenance requirements
• Oversee the software development CI/CD process, be an expert in system deployment and configuration and be instrumental in driving migration to a full DevOps solution
• Create and maintain product installation and configuration material for use by delivery engineers.
• Seek to streamline the product deployment process with a strong focus on quality.
• Integrate software applications. Designs solutions integration and works with Product Architects to improve system scalability and exceed performance requirements.
• Performs software development, scripting, configuration, installation and testing tasks.
• Completes advanced tasks in diagnosing and fixing systems and applications problems.
• Interfaces with project managers, project engineers and customers on general and specific issues within area of functional expertise.
• Function as an integral member of the agile product development team, performing assigned system integration and testing tasks.
• Works directly with the product developers, project engineers or customers to resolve product technical issues
• Provides support for product demonstrations to potential customers and industry events.
Bachelor's Degree in with advanced experience.
• A record of strong collaboration with cross functional teams to deliver results
• Previous DevOps experience in SaaS environments
• Proven experience implementing large-scale operational automation platforms
• Experience with highly available distributed Windows and Linux server environments
• Proficiency with modern version control systems, including git and TFS
• Knowledge of modern configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef, Salt or Docker.
• Strong software systems development and integration skills.
• Experience with highly complex hardware and software configurations in a real-time
• Experience with Kubernetes and docker as deployment platform.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Excellent judgment skills to assess high-risk areas
• Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and be an outstanding team player
• Ability to be creative, efficient, and productive with minimal supervision or guidance
• Development experience and/or object-oriented programming skills such as C#, Java, Python useful