Sr. Manager, Content Strategy & Storytelling - Virtual Position
The Sr. Manager will be responsible for supporting the advancement of Kelly’s brand platform, through the execution of content deliverables and creative storytelling, aimed at bringing it to life across every touchpoint. They play a lead role in developing compelling content strategies that directly align to the company’s global brand guidelines and identity strategy.
Content Development / Production: The lead is responsible and accountable for executing against a strategic content strategy and project calendar while leading a team of writers (internal and external resources) in developing unique and engaging content to drive brand awareness and consideration for B2B and B2C audiences. In collaboration with peers across global marketing and external partners, the lead will engage in writing and facilitating creative, thought leadership, digital, and editorial copy to support business development, recruiting, marketing, branding, and internal communications efforts.
Storytelling / Brand Governance: The lead will partner on strategic brand initiatives with internal teams and external partners, while providing strategic guidance on company brand messaging to the marketing teams. They will help guide brand strategy infusion into Kelly content both in B2B and B2C functions, by focusing on human-truth stories and emotional connections with our key audiences/targets. They will be responsible for maintaining, communicating and enhancing the copy standards and support brand guideline development. The ability to work with external agency partners is key. They are responsible for advising and supporting the infusion of the brand messaging platform across various company marketing materials, mediums, and advertising/marketing channels.
In summary, the lead will work in partnership across the Kelly organization to drive brand understanding, infusion, and awareness, and will also be expected to develop and lead the production of compelling brand content that drives engagement and interest and positions the Kelly and our Operating/Specialty brands for success
Content Production / Development, Creation and Execution (60%)
• Write, edit, and proofread marketing communications materials
• Create and lead development of brand-aligned content in support of strategic projects, Kelly, and Business Unit marketing initiatives, including case studies, web content, social media posts and advertising, thought leadership materials, sales and recruitment campaigns and collateral, executive meetings, company events, etc.
• Lead a team of copy/content specialists; guide content objectives toward strategic intent
• Leverage the Kelly brand platform project/research to establish key brand messages and themes
• Research new, creative ways to tell the Kelly brand story through creative communications
Storytelling / Brand Projects (20%)
• Serve as the primary consultant/manager for creative, human stories that evoke emotional connections to our brand
• Support with special project execution, identifying new ways to bring the brand strategy to life in inspiring ways that capture the imagination of talent and customers and bring Kelly to their attention
• Develop external messaging/positioning of Kelly’s employer brand in support of HR talent initiatives
Brand Governance (15%)
• Ensure company-wide brand consistency
• Establish and govern brand copy standards and guidelines for use across all marketing channels
• Work with appropriate internal partners to ensure brand consistency and alignment, internally and externally
• Responsible for supporting the ongoing enhancement / development Kelly Brand Guidelines
• Ensure brand messaging is used correctly in all touchpoints; Auditing our use of the brand platform and stories to identify gaps, correcting, and educating
• Advise/critique the content execution of brand standards
• Support the team with writing standards to guide ongoing brand development
Ongoing Education (5%)
• Maintain knowledge of creative/brand marketing trends, writing techniques and best practices
• Bachelor’s Degree or comparable experience in Marketing, Journalism or related field
• 7-10+ years proven experience as a marketing content specialist or similar role directing content and communication deliverables in a creative environment. Strong interpersonal, collaboration, and creative abilities. Agency experience a plus.
This role is part creative, part strategic, part influencer, and part evangelist. An ideal candidate must love words—their meaning, their usage, their influence—and have the desire and ability to roll up their sleeves and take the lead with team branding and content initiatives. Skills required include:
• Excellent writing, editing, verbal, and proofreading skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Experience writing for a variety of communication channels, styles, and voices
• Ability to convey strategic messages/concepts in creative and engaging ways
• Experience working with senior leaders and external partners/resources
• Creative, determined mindset to generate ideas and bring them to life
• Strong understanding of digital/interactive channels with experience integrating content deliverables
• Strong sense of the creative design process and how content aligns
• Passion for storytelling that inspires great brand outcomes via a team environment
• Able to provide comprehensive portfolio of previous communication/content and brand development work
• Deep understanding of content marketing discipline and knowledge of advanced marketing/advertising concepts, practices, and procedures
• Ability to curate insights from research and data sources to direct and produce effective content across paid, owned and earned channels (Research-based Marcom and PR/Editorial expertise)
• The ability to understand and influence the consumer experience, driving increased consideration across the content marketing journey – across internal and external comms
• Highly strategic yet creative, flexible, and trained in developing content strategies and writing inspiring copy that drives results
• Ability to handle multiple projects, shift priorities when needed, meet deadlines and guide a team (including agency partners and ICs) to a shared outcome
• Ability to boil down significant amounts of messaging into succinct, targeted communications and communicate complex messages in a clear, concise manner
• The ability to write grammatically clean copy for a given audience in the appropriate voice and tone
• Ability to promote brand awareness through effective communication deliverables
• Experience writing or developing content strategies for challenger brands is a plus
• Knowledge of AP Style
• Limited travel may be required
About Kelly Services®
Kelly Services, Inc. connects talented people to companies in need of their skills in areas including Science, Engineering, Education, Office, Contact Center, Light Industrial, and more. We’re always thinking about what’s next in the evolving world of work, and we help people ditch the script on old ways of thinking and embrace the value of all workstyles in the workplace. We directly employ more than 500,000 people around the world, and we connect thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners in our outsourcing and consulting practice. Revenue in 2018 was $5.5 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and let us help with what’s next for you.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse, equitable and inclusive workforce, including, but not limited to, race, gender, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation and gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.