Staff Software Engineer-Cloud Foundry, BOSH, AWS
Job Title: Staff Software Engineer-PAAS
Job Location: Bangalore
Roles and Responsibilities
• Be responsible for providing technical leadership and defining, developing, and evolving software in a fast paced and agile development environment using the latest software development m and infrastructure
• Provide guidance to developers with either planning and execution and/or design architecture using agile methodologies such as SCRUM
• Work with Product Line Leaders (PLLs) to understand product requirements & vision
• Drive increased efficiency across the teams, eliminating duplication, leveraging product and technology reuse
• Capture system level requirements by brainstorming with CTO, Sr. Architects, Data Scientists, Businesses & Product Managers
• Leads impact assessment and decision related to technology choices, design /architectural considerations and implementation strategy.
• Subject matter expert in processes and methodologies with ability to adapt and improvise in various situations. Expert in navigating through ambiguity and prioritizing conflicting asks.
• Expert level skills in design, architecture and development, with an ability to take a deep dive in the implementation aspects if the situation demands.
• Leads the architecture and design of Dashboards for a developer platform.
• Basic Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
• A minimum of 8 years of technical experience along with established leadership credentials across disciplines and functions within a product
• Desired Characteristics:
• Technical Expertise:
• Must have 5+ experience in designing, setting up and management of application platform in production environment
• Experience in Cloud Foundry is a must
• Experience in Bosh for Cloud Foundry setup automation will be preferred
• Experience in setting up platform monitoring and setting up alerts/dashboards in Splunk
• Experience in AWS. Engineers with AWS solution architect professional certification will be preferred
• Strong hands-on experience with various programming languages – GoLang, Python, Java, Shell script
• Proven experience with DevOps practices and technologies in a software-defined infrastructure environment, delivering Infrastructure-as-Code (IaC)
• Linux/Ubuntu experience
• Experience in OS virtualization and containerization technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes will be added advantage
• Self-starter who is motivated to learn and is at ease working as part of a team of highly talented professionals
• Manage operational needs for scaling our PAAS services platform
• Proficient in authoring and presenting architectural documents and diagrams