Tax Associate - Onsite - Troy, MI
Kelly is a globally recognized brand, Kelly® works with 95 of the Fortune 100 companies, meaning we’re already connected to outstanding companies, including the top global manufacturing companies. At Kelly people are the reason for our success. Our dedication to inclusion and belonging enables us to build a culture where all employees feel welcomed, respected and valued.
The Tax Associate will be a critical member of our team. In this role you’ll assist with timely and accurately filing monthly, quarterly and annual State and Local tax returns for Kelly Services Inc, Kelly Services Global and Kelly Services USA.
Currently this person would be required to go onsite 1 day per week at our Troy, Michigan office. This will increase as our office re-opens.
• Follows a tax calendar of tax return due dates for state and local tax compliance
• Prepares and submits daily payroll tax wire payments
• Files monthly sales & use tax, quarterly state unemployment tax, and other local city taxes
• Renews business licenses and pays property tax bills
• Responds to notices received from state jurisdictions
• Assist manager with ad-hoc requests
• 2-3 years experience in indirect tax, general accounting or equivalent
• Experience in Master tax, LHQ, Tracker Pro and People Soft software is a plus but not required
• Proficient in Excel, Word and Outlook
• Organizational, analytical, verbal and written communication skills needed
• Self-drive and works well in a remote environment
• Team player
• Time Management skills needed
• College degree with major in accounting and finance preferred
What’s in it for you?
Kelly takes pride in supporting the whole person, their family, and their future. We understand that in order to thrive, we have to build lasting relationships and provide our employees with endless possibilities for growth. At the end of the day, we know that work is more than making a living – it’s about making a life.
• Healthcare – Medical, Dental, Vision
• 401(k) Match
• Paid Time Off
• Vacation Purchase Program
• Tuition Reimbursement
• PerkSpot – Personal Online Discount Program
About Kelly Services®
Kelly connects talented people to companies in need of their skills in areas including Science, Engineering, Education, Office, Contact Center, Light Industrial, and more. We’re always thinking about what’s next in the evolving world of work, and we help people ditch the script on old ways of thinking and embrace the value of all workstyles in the workplace. We directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world, and we connect thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners in our outsourcing and consulting practice.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse, equitable and inclusive workforce, including, but not limited to, race, gender, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, and gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.
Join our Talent Community and get updates about new openings.