Tech Lead – DevOps
Job Title: Tech Lead – DevOps
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Strong conceptual understanding of IT shared services (DevOps, Data, shared applications, etc.) with industry practices and tools.
• Mentoring on various tools and technologies like scripting languages, Java & API development, Dev-Ops tools and technologies across multiple platforms
• Proven leadership on DevOps transitions to adapt to CI/CD implementations across group/organization level.
• Planning and estimation, scheduling, task allocation, monitoring & control, reviews.
• Stakeholder management with IT teams, Infrastructure teams, HO partners, Management.
• Process improvement & adherence
• Working experience on Engineering practices (Agile, Scaled agile, Lean)
• Establish and continually optimize execution processes
• Understanding and working knowledge of risk, quality & capacity management
• Status reporting, metrics generation & analysis
• Coaching and Mentoring
Education: Graduate – Bachelor’s degree (any stream)
Job location: Hyderabad
• Ability to resolve questions/issues related to the application as a Subject matter expert, ability to communicate with various stakeholders.
• Strong understanding of Distributed Application development
• Understanding of application, server, compliance and network infrastructure and security.
• Understanding and familiarity with common software development patterns, better practices, and anti-patterns
• Sound knowledge and hands on experience on Core Java and Spring framework
• Knowledge on development and operation boundaries while working in DevOps
• Containerization tools/services like Docker, AWS ECS, ECR etc. (AWS EKS would be a plus)
• Scripting knowledge of Python/ Groovy/ Shell etc.
• Knowledge on Automation Pyramid will be added advantage
• Knowledge on Application Performance management concept will be added advantage
• Experience in CI/CD pipelines tools and integrations:
• Source code management & build branching strategy – Git, GitHub, BitBucket, AWS Code Commit
• Release management integration in CI/CD: JIRA, Confluence
• Orchestrator: Jenkins, UCD, XebiaLabs-XLR, AWS CodePipeline
• Static Code Analysis: SonarQube/white source/Fortify
• Code Coverage: Jacoco
• Build Tool: Maven/Gradle
• Artifact Repository: JFrog, AWS Code Artifact
• Configuration management: AWS CDK, Ansible, Cloud Formation Templates, Terraform
• Monitoring- Cloud Watch/Dynatrace
• Containerization: Docker, Kubernetes, AWS EKS, AKS
Good to have skills:
• Has good understanding on AWS DevOps, AWS Developer Tools, Cloud security, Infra as Service and other AWS services specially EC2, ECS, AWS Cognito, RDS, Aurora, VPC, S3, Cloud Formation etc.
• Experience with application migration from on-premises to Cloud