Territory Sales Manager
Territory Manager – Sensormatic Solutions
The focus of the Territory Manager (TM) role is to oversee operations within
an assigned territory. They provide leadership to sales leaders and sellers, both indirect and direct, as well detecting new business opportunities. The TM contributes towards the company’s top line sales goals and will develop and refine effective tactics to achieve company objectives by leveraging all direct and indirect facets of the business.
The TM develops and plans business strategies to meet the required objectives by leveraging all resources and roles assigned within the described territory. They are responsible for supporting the identification of all business opportunities within the Sensormatic Solutions portfolio as well as developing the individuals in each area of focus.
The TM supports the identification and generation of all sales opportunities within the defined territory as well as the cultivation of pipeline growth through demand generation activities. Extensive retail relationships are required in order to elevate and position the Sensormatic Solutions brand effectively with leading retailers. Effectively exceeds network and contacts to build and maintain an attitude of vigilance for opportunities as well as developing relationships with local advisors and partners for these opportunities. This role will Identify and escalate market trends to appropriate clients and Sensormatic Solutions leaders.
What you’ll do:
- You will be expert in managing territory activities that are relevant to the retail market segment and will play a lead role in devising strategies to promote Sensormatic Solutions to deliver tangible business results.
As a major contributor to the Region youwill be expected to represent your territor ydeals and accounts in the Monthly and Quarterly reviews that take place where there is a high level of accuracy expected in forecasting across all territory account activity.
- Ensures client satisfaction and broadening of offerings with potential new customers by supporting the selling community you are responsible for in
the defined Territory.
- Leads the strategic direction of the
- Communicates with cross-functional groups and builds strategic relationships with client teams.
- Understand and discuss the
TerritorySales plan with the sales community to agree on potential major opportunities to be chased in his/her own focus area (territory, sector, etc.).
- Provide the leadership needed to qualify major opportunities to be further pursued, drive consistency between Sales strategy (value messages, relationship approach, competitive differentiation) and content work managed by the Global Sales Support team (solution design, pricing and costing, delivery of proposal, planned project management).
- Own communications and relationships within
the defined Territory.
- Build and maintain an external network and customer relationships.
- Manage business development costs according to levels set by the Country/Sub-Region and Regional Manager and provide forecast to Portfolio Leadership.
- Meet and exceed annual assigned
Territory valuetargets and revenue goals.
- Compliance with the Sensormatic Solutions sales methodology.
- Work with the functional units of the business to ensure forecast accuracy, process compliance, delivery and customer satisfaction to our clients in the Territory.
What you’ll bring:
- The knowledge and expertise to leverage cross-functional high performing teams in order delivery Territory targets leveraging the Sensormatic Solutions portfolio to meet customer demands and needed objectives
- Proven experience in managing complex deals within matrixed organizations including multiple stakeholders
- Have personally led and managed large Retail Solutions Deals to Tier 1 Retail organizations.
- Well versed with commercial models, estimation techniques, pricing trends, and crafting complex MSA & SOW documents
- Innovatively and constructively challenge the status quo to drive the business forward
- In depth understanding, and expert utilization of, account planning methodologies, forecasting and productivity tools (e.g. Salesforce, Altify, Service Max, etc.).
- Strong commercial awareness
- Proven experience of working in similar role in a retail solutions, professional services or consulting environment
- Strong relationship building and influencing skills
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Driven and able to work under pressure
- Strong sales/account development background with the ability to achieve (or overachieve) large sales targets
- Capable of developing senior executive relationships at CxO level
- Proven experience of working closely within a large integrated account
- Strong expertise in the Retail Industry
This position for Sensormatic Solutions is responsible for acquiring new clients and requires a results-driven Business Development Executive that has achieved success as an advisory seller and thought leader in our highly competitive market. Extensive experience in developing Executive-level relationships and partnering with clients and stakeholders is required. Key attribute for being successful in this position is the ability to gain a high level of trust from both clients and internal team members.
- Extensive understanding of the Retail Industry and its leading brands
- Succeeds at the ‘Art of what’s Possible’ in creating and defining solutions to complex retailer business problems
- Business/financial management expertise
- Ability to act as a Strategic Partner, Trusted Advisor
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- MBA is preferred
- Significant knowledge of the Retail Industry at large as well as the critical players in all facets of the market
- Fifteen or more years of industry and/or client relationship experience
- Ability to work with cross functional teams in order to achieve customer objectives