VISUAL DESIGNER // UI DESIGN (D/F/M)
Want to Go Further with Ford?
As the German subsidiary of the Ford Motor Company, Ford-Werke GmbH has been successful in the automotive business for over 90 years. As a modern mobility company, it is our goal to always “bring on tomorrow”. Around 20,000 employees are already committed to this in Cologne, Aachen and Saarlouis.
You will create smart and compelling in-vehicle experiences with a focus on clean and artful design.
This involves translating high-level requirements into high-fidelity UI. It also requires communicating ideas with pixel-perfect clarity through prototyping and interactive models. You must be able to move fast and think faster as you engage, collaborate, and innovate in a fast-growing department.
NOTE: This position is based in Cologne Merkenich, Germany
- Design high fidelity user interface hero screens with Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, InVision DSM and prototyping them fast (InVision, Flinto, Framer, HTML/CCS, After Effects, etc.) to express our brand vision with a keen sensibility to layout, color, typo and behavior.
- Ensure technical feasibility and design compliance of our visual concepts by working alongside our with the Digital Product DMS Designers and HMI Engineers.
- Combine creative and practice thinking to optimize efficiencies and reduce design debt.
- You have exceptional visual design skills with sensitivity to intelligent system interactions and experience using, adhering to and building on Design systems.
- We expect a foundation in human-centered Design, in-depth knowledge of the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies.
- To thrive in our fast-paced, dynamic environment you have strong collaboration and communication skills and in English (German is a plus)
- Some experience in Motion Design and a basic understanding of code is welcomed.
- Ideally you have experience working freelance, agency or in a start-up.
NOTE: Automotive background is NOT required
We offer you
Join this new Digital Experience team in Köln Merkenich, creating new User Experiences and carrying them from early concept work into production as one team.
You will help us to develop and execute our global vision together with our global sister departments. We are offering a start-up way of working including industry leading tools with the pay and stability of an established OEM.
- Be Part of a Global and Diverse Team within a Leading Automotive Manufacturer
- Access to multiple learning and professional development platforms
- Satisfaction of seeing the impact of your solution in millions of vehicles
- Hybrid Working Opportunities – blending working from Home with working at the Office
- Access to multiple additional benefits (Ford Sports Club, Ford Insurance, Ford Bank, …)
- Excellent compensation Package