Warehouse Admin and Support Officer
Transform the environments where people live, work, and learn. From optimizing building performance to improving safety and enhancing comfort, they drive the outcomes that matter most. Deliver their promise in industries such as healthcare, education, data centers and manufacturing. With a global team of 105,000 experts in more than 150 countries and over 130 years of innovation, they are the power behind customers’ mission. Also, leading portfolio of building technology and security solutions.
Complete day to day warehouse administration functions under instruction of the Senior Warehouse Supervisor within the agreed timeframes and procedural guidelines.
- The top priority and responsibility for the Warehouse Admin & Support Officer, as with all warehouse employees, is to maintain a safe working environment for themselves and those around them, in accordance with New Zealand workplace laws and regulations, as well as complying with any additional EH&S requirements determined by company or local management.
- Safety is the responsibility of all staff.
- Receive incoming goods in ERP, log issues and follow up with appropriate internal and external stakeholders to resolve discrepancies and issues.
- Assist with ad hoc tasks such as labeling goods as required, kitting as required, and any other projects to support the NZ business, as agreed by L&D Management.
- Monitor the NZ Warehouse Customer Service email and telephone, responding to enquiries about orders and freight such as dispatch confirmation, ETA, POD etc.
- Complete administration tasks related to the Pick, Pack & Ship process for outbound orders, ensuring fast and accurate order fulfilment.
- Assist with Cycle Counting and annual stock take of the New Zealand Distribution Centre to through creation of the Cycle Count Schedule and managing the administration of daily cycle counting and data entry.
- Admin tasks related to the receipt and verification of incoming consignments.
- Administration of regular Cycle Counting and Stock Take activities.
- Recommend improvements in warehouse practices. Document processes and work instructions.
- Support housekeeping duties in compliance with OH&S standards. This includes managing suppliers and placing orders for consumables, waste removal etc.
- Assist with ad-hoc projects for other Business Units as agreed by L&D management.
- Complete required administrative duties in a timely and accurate manner.
- Serve technicians and external customers as required when they come to collect or return items.
- Comply with company mandatory training and participate in any internal or external training as advised by L&D management.
- Potential for Forklift License and Dangerous Goods Air & Sea training. Training can be provided to appropriate candidate.