Job Title: Taxation Specialist
Experience: 7 to 12 Years
Qualification: CA Inter
Skillsets: GST, Tax, GST audit & Income Tax
This is an independent role with complete responsibility for the Company's Taxation - both Direct as well as Indirect Taxes with a greater focus/experience related to Customs. This involves preparing tax plans, timely assessment and filing of direct & indirect tax returns / GST, TDS, customs duty in compliance with Statutory Tax Acts and Handling critical tax matters.
Experience should be into directly handling of GST audit and GST investigation and someone who is involved in day-to-day direct dealing with department.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible to formulate & execute tax strategies and create optimal tax structure, action plan for new registrations at CFAs and new business models and monitors their effectiveness and modify whenever required.
- Participating in business decisions on Tax issues and working closely with Supply Chain & Business for tax guidance & implications.
- Collaborating with Regional tax teams.
- Prior experience related to customs clearance, special valuation rules & certification.
- Strong Knowledge about customs compliance incl. HSN classification, correct import / export practices.
- Conducting TP study in post NPPA (price cap by Govt.).
- Finalizing & coordinating with consultants regarding TP assessments.
- Collaborating with Global tax team regarding TP.
- Tax return filings and payment of TDS/Income Tax/Advance tax on time (without delay).
- SVB (Special Valuation Branch) licences and custom related compliances.
- GST filing and coordination with consultants.
- Setting up systems & processes and have Checks & balances to ensure zero tax defect compliance.
- Managing statutory records and books at Corporate office & ensuring the same at CFAs across India.
- Managing tax certification incl. tax audits, engagement with tax auditors and preparation of data/documentation needed for certifications.
- Initiating / supporting automation of tax processes in SAP during upgradation / merger.
- Act as primary liaison with external tax advisors in India and representing the Company before tax authorities wherever required.
- Prior experience in customs or GST is mandatory and experience in tax strategy implementation, planning support and project management will be advantageous.
- Strong tax research skills and able to provide tax recommendations on complex and ambiguous issues in light of commercial realities with the ability to simplify complex modeling and tax issues into high level presentations for business partners.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Possess good business acumen, strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Independent worker who is able to work well with minimal supervision.
- Provide meaningful updates to management, as well as timely analysis and advice with respect to actual or proposed tax legislative or regulatory changes that might impact the business.